Delicious stuffed chicken breasts that don’t taste like diet food!
- 4 chicken breasts (butterflied*)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves (shredded)
- 1 tspn thyme (finely chopped)
- +/- 10 button mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 Spring onion (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp chunky fat free cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped olives (about 4) (optional)
- Couple of peppadews (finely chopped) (optional)
- Ground BBQ spice (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cling film (2 sheets)
- Spray and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Spray a pan with spray and cook and saute the mushrooms, onions and thyme. Remove from the pan and stir in the spinach. Set aside and allow to wilt.
- Place one of the butterflied chicken breasts open between the two sheets of clig wrap. Pound to flatten using either a rolling pin or a flat-bottomed mug/ ramekin. Set aside and repeat until all breasts are done.
- Stir the cottage cheese, olives and peppadews into the spinach and mushroom mixture. Season. Allow to cool.
- Place a quarter of the mixture in the center of a butterflied chicken breast. Roll so that all the stuffing is inside. Place join-down onto an oven proof dish. Repeat until all chicken breasts are stuffed.
- Mix olive oil and bbq spice in a ramekin and brush over the chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min (or until cooked)
- Serve with steamed veggies. (I used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and green beans)
*Tip. When butterflying the chicken breast, angle your knife slightly upwards while placing your left hand flat on top of the breast. This way you avoid cutting through the bottom. The chicken breast should still be in tact, but you should be able to open it (like a book).