I love these Gordon Ramsay inspired lamb koftas! They’re tender, juicy and are perfectly complemented by the minted yoghurt. Best of all, they are so easy to make!!
- 500g extra lean lamb mince
- a handful of mint
- 1 onion (preferably red)
- 1 Tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 lime – zested
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- 1 egg yolk
- Sultanas (optional)
- Quarter the onion and put it in a food processor along with the chilli, tumeric, fennel, black pepper, cloves and half the mint.
- Pulse until finely chopped – but not pureed.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mix with the mince and add the egg yolk.
- Divide the mixture into eight even sized balls
- Flatten the ball slightly to form a patty (the “flatter” the ball, the faster and more thoroughly it cooks)
- Fry each of the patties in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until brown on the outside and thoroughly cooked through (about 10 minutes depending on the size and thickness)
- While the patties are cooking, finely chop the remaining mint and add it along with the lime zest to the yoghurt
- Serve the koftas with the minted yoghurt, sultanas and some steamed vegetables